Thursday 19 April 2012

Stolen moments...

Well, I am still here, but between Easter holiday, birthday planning, and general all-round laziness, this poor blog has been woefully neglected. Still, here it is, with the rockery as the centrepiece. I'm still working on getting plants (there are more since this photo was taken, but it is raining, and I'm not going out there again tonight!), but this is a pretty good start, I think...
This is the guardian of the rockery...
This is the full stretch as it stands at the minute...













And these were the first few plants that went in.
I'm quite pleased with it, though I haven't quite completed it, yet. Every moment in the garden recently has been a stolen one. 

And for those who love the 'before and afters'... This is how it started...













Despite the threatening drought, we are labouring under pelting, relentless rain, and have been for a few days now. When it stops, I am looking forward to finishing this off, and then digging out a new bed along the opposite boundary. I also have four lavenders - two Hidcote and two Munstead - to plant out, and I'm very excited about having plants I actually want and chose rather than the slightly bizarre collection I inherited from the last owners. Though I will be re-using all of theirs, even the lilies, because let's face it - I have a lot of ground to fill.

Excitingly (for me) I have asked to be the recycling point for some huge box pallets from work. One will be another compost bin, one will probably be turned into another wood store, and at least one will be a den for the boys. So let's hope life and the weather start conspiring to let me garden instead of conspiring to keep me busy elsewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment