Wednesday 11 July 2012

Rain, rain, go away...

Craziness. That's how I feel about all this rain, and how my garden looks after all this rain. I'm so far behind, it's laughable.
Today there was sunshine, so as soon as I got home from work, fed the kids, put them to bed, and slid on my boots, I was out there; not with any kind of tool, but with my camera. I thought I would treat you to a few photos of the blooming chaos out there. The good, the bad and the downright out of control...








My roses, which were miserable last year, are happier this year. This tree has been with me for years and has coped sulkily with my never-feeding, random-pruning ways. I was expecting a grumpy year. Bless it, it's done me proud.


This little rose I found tucked in beside the greenhouse in a pot, covered in overgrowth. Due to my lackadaisical approach to plant care (only the strong survive) I thought it wasn't long for this world. I was wrong, apparently.

Here's the bed. The campanula is going over, but the yellow stuff is going strong, and the rest of the plants are coming along nicely. If anyone knows what the yellow stuff is, please tell me. It's a leftover from the last residents...

...along with this one, which is about to bloom.


More roses, this time in the shrub bed. It bursts into voluptuous bloom with enthusiastic vigour every year. I adore it. Most of it is buds at the minute.




Look closely. The foxgloves are competing with the basketball thingit.

The garden is full of foxgloves; and vetch and herb robert and clover and bramble and snapdragons and, and, and...









 This one is in the (woefully neglected) greenhouse. It's over 6foot tall. It shares its home with a huge yellow snapdragon that the camera couldn't seem to capture very well. Oh, and various other weeds you can see. And junk. And stuff. Oh dear.













Vetch. Yellow and purple (going over).














 Woohoo! The braeburn 
finally came into leaf! Not only leaf, but blossom! I knew it wasn't dead! 
The pirate flag, on the other hand, is looking a little past its best.



The shrub bed from the back. You can just see the giant 'mushrooms' in it.
You can definitely see how overgrown it is. Sheesh.





No comments:

Post a Comment